Tuesday, November 27, 2012

5 Ways to Put Your Best Foot Forward When You Join a Membership Site


Sometimes doing what comes naturally is not the best thing to do. If you are in a situation for the first time you may not have any idea about what to do. When you join a membership site you definitely want to put your best foot forward, because you never know where some of the relationships may lead you.

Interact with others. That is so important. You can be seen as another expert. Become the go-to person. It's one of the ways that can build up your own reputation within your specific niche. Answer questions, help people. I know that I participated in lots of membership groups where I was the one who knew the most about a number of different topics.I thought about it and thought about it, finally I decided I'll help these other people, and now, I'm in a membership site where I know the least. I don't feel the least bit disadvantaged, because everyone is helping me, and I don't mind, because I know that I paid it forward.

Show your human side. Share with people about who you are and what you like to do. Perhaps you want to share an experience that's going to help someone learn, but it's also going to show the personal side of you. I have done, personally, quite a few things that helped me learn related to my dogs. I learn a lot from my dogs and do love to share stories about them. Show your human side.

Be careful with your words. You don't want to scare people away with your words or upset them by using vulgar language. An example, I was looking at my niece's posts on Facebook, and she had a friend who was so vulgar and so rude that when I suggested perhaps he wanted to watch his language, I got pretty rude comments back. My niece was smart, she deleted those particular comments and is no longer friends with that person. Be careful with your words.

No hard selling. There is no better way to get yourself alienated in a membership site, then to get in there and try and sell everybody everything right off the bat. It's not about you. It's how you can provide value and how you can provide service. Demonstrate to others that you know what you are talking about. Pretty soon they will be asking you questions about your business.

Create an auto signature. If your membership site has function to post comments or questions, then it's very likely that you can create your own personal profile. Remember to always, always, always create your personal profile and add your website URL. That way, if people like your advice, if they like what you're saying, if they like your questions, they can click on your personal profile, take a look and see what you're all about. That is not hard selling. That is relationship selling and attraction marketing.




0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。